Monday, August 4, 2014

Babylon



This world tryna take me under & the waters are deeper than the times of noah 
But I've been reminiscing longer than 40 days and 40 nights
Strategizing in the darkness how ima make it back to the light 
Successful jobs, life opportunities, and prosperous women all look past me 
Label me peeping tom for looking over your fence where the grass is greener 
Where you reside in two story houses with insulation while me & my nigga huddle round by this space heater 
I suppose what doesn't kill me does make me stronger
Im amused at those who look down upon me proudly as they sail by in their titanic
Unaware that sudden destruction will come and only the meek will inherit the earth
Sadly we've been programmed to do the opposite of his will since our birth

Lord have mercy on our soul. 


--McCullin Ray II

No comments:

Post a Comment